10.8.10

Lie To Me

I was going to start with "when good shows go bad" but I would not actually go that far. Maybe "when middlingly average shows go bad" would be more appropriate.

What's happening? I know, it's hard for a procedural to keep up the interest, to not meander down the road of weekly recycling the same story. But I had such high hopes! More fool me I suppose. It started so well, interesting idea, decent cast. It's not lasted long - the interesting idea, that is. It seems to have descended into a 40 minute reel of Tim Roth being cockney, a baddie of the week/issue of the week and the perfunctory quick clip of the minor characters. When the series started, they were showing us more to Torres, to Loker. Even Gillian gets no character development these days. We spend more time pondering Emily and her various dates than we do on those three combined. It feels like they are constantly airing episodes out of filming order and please, can someone tell me, WHAT happened to the FBI guy that Torres was dating (living with?)?

The last episode was so bad I only managed to watch 15 minutes before I switched over. Not sure if I will be bothering again.....

No comments: