25.10.10

BoredWalk Empire

Fine. It's fine. Not spectacular, or awe-inspiring, or inspirational. It's fine.

I've been having trouble getting into the swing of things when it comes to Nucky and friends. It's slick, it's well done, it's expensive. It has a great cast, some good performances. But it just doesn't grab me.

I am rather disappointed. That's my fault for placing too much emphasis on HBO being the saviour of my television world. I'm waiting for something else to reach out and grab me, something that makes me anticipate each week. Maybe it's the genre that's a turn off. Maybe it's lubricated with so much money that it can't hold any interest. I've been wondering if it's more like a long, complicated film rather than a well planned out series. Maybe I'm just feeling down as there was no Fringe last week.

And so....as my next post will show, I've moved on to pastures new, learned no lessons, and simply transferred all of my eggs into a new, zombie shaped basket. This one will perform, right?

No comments: