14.1.11

A Quickie

Just a quickie before I leave the house. I watched The Good Wife last night and am concerned at the level of cheese. It appears to be swiftly rising and infusing all story lines. 

Srsly. I enjoy this show. I like it. I managed to persuade someone else to watch it. I do not wish to be embarrassed by it taking a mass market cheese twist. I feel that my reputation rests on this show not turning shit. I have never recommended something that turned out to be rubbish. I've worked myself up into a lather about shows that I have subsequently been disappointed by, but that's just me. And we'll keep that between you and me. But there is face to be saved here. 

So....I'm just putting it out there in the world, hoping it makes its way through the ether to those bigwigs in the big chairs over at TGWHQ. Here goes. I do not wish to watch dun-dun dun! moments. K? I don't want to watch Alicia and the team be surprised by someone walking into a room and saying "they have been charged with......MURDER!!!!" as we watch Alicia freeze for a moment and then we have the DUN-DUN-DUN music. I do not want to see Will (though generally, I do want to see Will, and a lot more of him, if you get my drift) threaten Diane with guards outside her door and a menacing look with a DUN-DUN-DUN!!!!! 

It is not on. So, if you are planning on taking the show this way, don't. This is not the cheese-fest I signed up for. 

Now, on with the rest of my day. Glad I got that off my chest. 

No comments: