3.1.11

Resolutions

As one might expect, at this time of year, there are resolutions to be made. I've not been much of a one for resolutions throughout my life, the important ones at least. You know, exercise more, eat less cheese, help a charity. Last year I experimented in resolution making and decided that in 2010 I would watch more films. My aim was to watch one hundred films. Now, given my commitments not involving a screen, this is quite a large total for me. Two films a week is almost unheard of for me. 

What actually happened is that I managed thirty films over the first three months (impressive) and then my interest waned (not surprising) and I watched about ten in the rest of the year. It was just much easier to soak up Mark Kermode's reviews and then pretend I had watched the films. Less time consuming. More conducive to sleep. 

And now we are here, that time again. January. A chance for me to predict how much of a failure I will be in the upcoming year. So I'm not setting my sights high this year. I've taken my resolution from my 2010 activities. I made my way through all four seasons of Felicity (how I had never seen this is beyond me). 2009 saw me watching (well, re-watching, I had seen all the episodes when they aired) all fifteen - yes, fifteen - seasons of ER AND watching and loving (obviously) all of The Wire. If I can do that, I can do this.

So this year I endeavour to watch The West Wing. I have this:


bought for the bargain price of some pounds so there is no going back. I have tried to watch it before but I've always been distracted by shiny things. I hope to finish it as soon as possible so that I can look back and heartily mock my doubt. 

Yeah.

No comments: