15.11.11

Bite Me...

So, it turns out....and I'm almost embarrassed to have to write this...that The Vampire Diaries is fucking awesome.

I know, I know. It's a teen show. Aimed at people who are, well...teens. But still. It's awesome. I'm behind the curve on this one. I avoided it at first. Because of the name, because of what it was, because of the books. I'll admit it. I read them. Well, I say I read them. I tried. The Vampire Diaries in literary form makes Twilight look like some sort of Kafka/Kundera/Murakami collaboration. They are really, really awful. So this year, or last year--I don't remember--I thought I would give it a go. I posted about it on here, I believe. I watched all of them in about 3 seconds flat. I gorged myself, I'll admit it.

And I was hooked, instantly. The characters are good, the story lines are exciting. It's not perfect, by any stretch of the imagination, even for a cheesy teen offering. The introduction of magic wasn't the best idea, as it so often turns out to be a deus ex machina, and the people that keep coming back when you think that they are dead...well, I could do without them. But Paul Wesley is acting the hell out of Stefan Without a Cause, and it's ridiculously shocking every. single. week, and Damon...well, Damon. What can I say?

He's declined a little this season. With the whole being in love thing. But even so. He's so entertaining to watch. In a LOT of different ways...

No comments: