27.9.10

All Change

I am in a bad mood.

So, if I seem more snappy than usual, that is why. I am having trouble finding anything nice to say, which is why I have avoided discussion of the Boardwalk Empire episode. I wouldn't even want to sully Fringe with this monster of a mood.

But, talking of pilots, there are still things to discuss.  A lot, in fact. It's all change this season. I've lost a lot of shows over the last couple of years. As previously discussed, I dropped Brothers & Sisters, Private Practice and Smallville at some point in the last season. I just couldn't take any more. At some point before that, ANTM went, as did Bones, Chuck and One Tree Hill. So it was starting to feel a little roomy in my television. I assumed that I would be picking up Boardwalk Empire, and also in the line up we have.....


 The Whole Truth. With Maura doing her Abby-face. Or maybe that's just her face. I suspect that with the marvellous Good Wife to keep me happy on the legal side of things, this one might not make it.

Plus, I've watched the first 6 minutes and they were rubbish. And that's all we need to make a decision, yes? It seemed to involve a lot of cheesy legal drama chatter, they say things like "I will do everything in my power to get you off/punish that man/resurrect Rainbow Brite".....and I'm not sure I can take that. But hey, I've watched worse!



 <adopts deep voice> The Event

The first 5 minutes of this (I had to watch the first 5 minutes of everything so my husband could confirm that he didn't actually want to watch any of them) play out like the start of a cheesy disaster movie.
I love cheesy disaster movies. Volcano, Deep Impact, I have seen them all. It also contains Zeljko, so I may have to watch this regardless.



Even when Alias went all wobbly at the end there, I still watched it. I'm not sure that I want to see it done all over again though. And I really don't want to look at that beard for weeks at a time.

I shall try, as it is JJ. And he seems to know what he is doing. But if anyone mentions Rambaldi, I'm gone. K?

So, hopefully these new offerings will fill my time. But if it turns out that they are rubbish, well...I'm not sure what I will be doing with myself. Something useful, maybe....

No comments: