7.9.10

You Have Been Warned


Following the most recent episode of Mad Men, I plan to start a one-woman campaign. Jon Hamm shall be winning the Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series in 2011. I hope that's clear.Of course, it will be an entirely fruitless effort - I have no contacts, don't live in the US, and am pretty rubbish at organising...well, anything involving people. I'm more Charlie Brooker than Tracy Flick.

Now, if anything, the episode made me feel despondent. At some point, Mad Men will be over. And it may have gone off the boil before it finished. I mean, I'm not sure it can get any better. Don. Peggy. Trudy....oh how I love Trudy. How Vincent Kartheiser can do so much with one small look. This is how I felt when I was 3 seasons deep in The Wire. Awestruck that someone could write something so good, you think nothing will ever live up to it (but then something comes along)....and sad that it can't last forever. Do you hear me, One Tree Hill?

So yes, back to Hammchops. He and Elisabeth Moss were outstanding. Lets get on the campaign trail. 

No comments: