8.9.10

The Bitch is (Not) Back

 Now. I should point out that I am a massive Veronica Mars fan. I sometimes (when doing something thrilling, like washing up or vacuuming) ponder where a fourth season would have gone, where V would be now. I think about what Weevil is up to and why we didn't see the character development of Dick that I was hoping for........<nostalgic sigh>

So the news that Kristen Bell is leading a Twitter trend to get the VM film on the go should please me. But it doesn't. I don't think there's the market for a Veronica film. They couldn't make people watch it when it was free! I'm torn between feeling impressed that the star of a show feels so strongly about the project that she will go to these lengths....and suspicious that Bell trots this stuff out every time she has a (terrible - someone get that woman a new agent) new film to promote. Hell, I'm not sure if I would pay to see a Veronica film. A fourth season, yes, but what is a film going to offer? A happy ever after?

I think it's about time we put Veronica in the box labelled "Brilliant Shows That the Networks Loved to Hate" and be done with it. Dead Like Me needs some company, after all.......

No comments: